Friday, February 6, 2009

A Dream

On a winters night I lay to sleep,
On my pillow for my self to keep.
My sight went out and darkness dwelt,
To see myself in a majestic swell.

You stood before me like a brightened star,
Thinking what could be at par.
The space between us was hardly seen,
Your eyes wandered like a youthful teen.

The suspense grew inch by inch,
Breaking the ice in a lightning pinch.
You took me in your arms to hold,
Caressing me as if gold is being sold.

We spoke of a house and a car,
To fulfill the desire of our survival at par.
You told me that you will love me forever,
I registered it to forget it never.

The time had come for you to go,
I couldn’t keep my tears from falling anymore.
A goodbye is what I heard the last time you spoke,
The door bell rang and I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment